THE DRUG & ALCOHOL TESTING INSTITUTE
The Drug & Alcohol Testing Institute (DATI) is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 31988) delivering accredited courses in Workplace Drug & Alcohol Testing to individuals and a variety of industries both large and small across Australia.
We also offer non-accredited refresher courses in workplace drug testing.
Information on our training is available in our Participant Handbook.
DATI has a well-deserved reputation for excellence.
20+ YEARS OF QUALITY TRAINING
We developed our first nationally accredited course in 2000, long before it became a requirement of the Australian Standards for drug testing. Specifically, the Australian Standards require collectors to hold a Statement of Attainment in accordance with the Australian Qualification Training Framework (AQTF).
Our course HLTPAT005 – Collect specimens for drugs of abuse testing is nationally accredited and meets the training requirements for a collector as defined in the Standards AS / NZS 4308:2008 (urine) and AS 4670:2019 (oral fluid).
The course is listed under our scope on training.gov.au here
We are committed to creating the highest standards of quality and ethical drug & alcohol testing training and we do this through the engagement of our individual members, corporate and strategic partners, governing bodies and key stakeholders.
Through DATI, individuals have access to qualified timely advice into drug and alcohol policy, regulation and research in addition to the latest advances in testing technology. We have developed quality, professional courses set to national health and safety standards, procedures and practices under Australian law.
At DATI we provide courses that enable students to uphold and promote the health and safety of people in the workplace. Safe workplaces strengthen communities and economies, and help boost employee morale.
We aim to develop, maintain and promote a body of knowledge that ensures professional excellence in Drug and Alcohol Testing within Australia.
- Continue to set the benchmark as the leading provider of drug & alcohol testing training in Australia.
- Deliver quality drug and alcohol testing education for prospective collectors throughout Australia.
- Continue to develop, maintain and promote a quality body of knowledge in drug and alcohol testing.
- Create a competent and ethical testing profession that can deliver the highest standards of reliability and accuracy.
- Provide professional on-going support for students through DATI’s support programs and services.