Drug and Alcohol Testing Institute has a refund policy to establish a system for ensuring that participants:
- are made aware eligibility criteria and conditions, and
- can make a claim if they withdraw from a unit/s of competency or from their training before successful completion, providing they meet the eligibility criteria.
Rescheduling and Cancellations
|If you WITHDRAW prior 2 working days
|Refund of training fee less 30% administration charge
|If you RESCHEDULE prior to 2 working days
|Allowable up to 2 times with an administration charge of 30% of training fee for each reschedule. More than 2 times full fee is forfeited
|If you WITHDRAW or RESCHEDULE less than 2 working from training commencement date
|‘NO SHOW’ after training commencement
|If DATI cancels training
|Transfer to another training date at no charge or full refund
- All requests for refunds need to be made in writing on the ‘Participant Fee and Charges Refund Request’ and accompanied by supporting documentation.
- The training refund will be made directly to the party who made the initial training payment.
- Client specific and customised training will have terms and conditions listed in the proposal.
- Notification of scheduling to a new training date MUST be received within 1 month of the cancelled date, and the new training date must be within 3 months of the cancelled training date or the above fees and charges apply.
- Training must be undertaken within 6 months from payment of fees or paid fees will be forfeited. Refer to above table for rescheduling terms.
- Training is subject to minimum numbers. Should minimum numbers not be met, the training day may need to be deferred or cancelled.
- Drug and Alcohol Testing Institute cannot accept responsibility for changes to work commitments or personal circumstances within the timeframes in the above table.
- Enrolments are non-transferrable.
*Extenuating circumstances – should a participant have to discontinue training for legitimate reasons, such as sickness, exceptional family circumstances, and where evidence can be provided, a pro rata refund may be given less a 30% administration fee. The decision of assessing the extenuating circumstances rests with the RTO Manager and shall be assessed on a case by case situation.
The Refund Policy is available on the website, in the electronic booking confirmation on enrolment or on request. Please click here to request more information.