Drug and Alcohol Testing Institute has a refund policy to establish a system for ensuring that participants:
- are made aware that Drug and Alcohol Testing Institute has a Refund Policy and eligibility criteria
- can make a claim in the event that they withdraw from a unit/s of competency or from their course before successful completion, providing they meet the eligibility criteria.
Rescheduling and Cancellations
|Cancellation Type||Refund Type|
|If you withdraw at least 5 working days prior to course commencement||Full refund of course fees paid|
|If you withdraw less than 5 working days but greater than 2 working days||Refund of course fee less 20% administration charge|
|If you reschedule less than 5 working days but greater than 2 working days||Allowable up to 2 times with an administration charge of 20% of course fee for each reschedule. More than 2 times full course fee is forfeited|
|If you withdraw less than 48 hrs from course commencement date||No Refund|
|‘No show’ after course commencement||No refund|
|If DATI cancels a course||Transfer to another course date at no charge or full refund|
All requests for refunds need to be made in writing on the ‘Participant Fee and Charges Refund Request’ and accompanied by supporting documentation.
- The course refund will be made directly to the party who made the initial course payment.
- Client specific and customised courses will have terms and conditions listed in the proposal.
- Notification of scheduling to a new course date MUST be received within 1 month of the cancelled date, and the new course date must be within 3 months of the cancelled course date or the above fees and charges apply.
- Courses are subject to minimum numbers, should minimum numbers not be met, the course may need to be deferred or cancelled.
*Extenuating circumstances – should a participant have to discontinue a course for legitimate reasons, such as sickness, exceptional family circumstances, and where evidence can be provided, a pro rata refund may be given less a 20% administration fee. The decision of assessing the extenuating circumstances rests with the RTO Manager and shall be assessed on a case by case situation.
The Refund Policy is available on the website, in the electronic booking confirmation on enrolment or on request. Please click here to request more information.